Stuffed Green Chilies
If you like it spicy, go for the Anaheim or pasilla chili. If hot is not your style, play it safe and replace the chilies with the mild flavors of green bell pepper.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 4 medium Anaheim chilies
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic, and bell pepper in oil 7 to 10 minutes until soft. Add spinach and heat another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut the tops off the chilies; remove the inner webbing and seeds to form hollow cavities to stuff.
- Mix breadcrumbs with spinach mixture. Fill each chili with the spinach mixture.
- Place stuffed chilies in a casserole dish, upright if possible. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until chilies are tender.