Stuffed Grilled Chicken Breasts
Make sure to pin the open end of the breasts closed tightly so the stuffing does not drip out into your barbecue and cause flare-ups.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 1 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- ½ cup finely minced sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic 30 seconds, then add spinach to pan. Sauté 5 minutes more until wilted (about 5 minutes). Set aside and keep warm.
- Wash chicken breasts well and pat dry with paper towel.
- In bowl, mix feta with sundried tomatoes and oregano; combine thoroughly.
- Place each chicken breast on flat surface; using sharp paring knife, carefully slit top edge of each breast and make deep incision that runs within length of each breast. Be careful not to pierce any holes that would allow stuffing to seep out while grilling.
- Use small spoon to stuff an equal portion of cheese mixture into each breast; use poultry pins or toothpicks to close openings. Sear breasts in heated frying pan with olive oil, approximately 2–3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook on prepared grill over high heat about 15 minutes, approximately 8 minutes per side. Serve immediately over sautéed spinach.