Stuffed Grilled Mushrooms
If you’re planning a grilled dinner, these stuffed mushrooms are a great starter that uses the grill so you don’t have to turn on your oven.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 medium-size button mushrooms, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 oz. canned crabmeat
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb. grated Monterey jack cheese
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan-Romano blend cheese
- Wash mushrooms and remove stalks. Melt butter and stir mushrooms into melted butter just until coated. Set aside.
- Drain the crabmeat and reserve the liquid. Mix meat, cream cheese, jack cheese, onions, Worcestershire sauce, and 1⁄4 cup of reserved crab liquid to form a mixture with a consistency of drained tuna fish.
- Stuff the mushrooms and place on a flat piece of foil. Sprinkle with Parmesan-Romano cheese. Fold another sheet of foil over mushrooms to create a sealed pan. Allow a small opening for stem to escape. Place on grill over indirect heat for about 20 to 30 minutes.