Stuffed Idaho Potatoes with Chives and Cheeses
You can serve this as a side dish or as a game-day snack. You can also make this the day before you plan to serve and then just bake them until they’re hot.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup warm 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. grated white American cheese
- Scrub the potatoes, prick them with a fork, and bake them at 400°F for 40 minutes.
- Let cool until you can handle them. Slice off the tops. Remove the insides, leaving about 1⁄4 inch of pulp inside the skin. Set the skins aside.
- Put the potato innards and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until fairly smooth. Return to the skins and bake for another 20 minutes at 300°F.