Stuffed Mushroom Caps
These appetizers are a bit more exciting than traditional recipes using bread crumbs. They are stuffed with protein and fats to ensure more macronutrients in each bite.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 20 white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 1⁄2 lb. ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and hollow out mushroom caps. Dice mushroom stems and place in medium-size bowl.
- Heat walnut oil in a medium-size frying pan and cook ground turkey, onion, and garlic for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add mushroom stems, walnuts, salt, and pepper to the ground turkey and cook until mushroom stems are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stuff turkey mixture into mushroom caps and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.