Stuffed Mushroom Spiders
These critters are every bit as cute as they are tasty!
Serves: 24Prep: 45 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 large white stuffing mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 package (8 oz.) Kroger® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooked Italian sausage crumbles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 large black olives
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place mushroom caps, stem side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook 15 minutes to soften slightly. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, sausage and garlic. Flip mushroom caps stem side up. Divide mixture evenly between mushrooms.
- Cut 12 olives in half lengthwise. Place 1 half in the center of each mushroom. Cut remaining olives into “legs.” Arrange 8 “legs” around each olive half to resemble a spider.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.