Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab
A tasty crab and mushroom appetizer that is quick and easy to make.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 12 large mushrooms, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can lump crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- 1/4 box Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On cutting board, trim the stems from the mushrooms and chop stems. Use a spoon to carve out a little of the bottom of the mushroom to give you more space for the filling.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, and sauté the mushroom chopped stems, green onion, garlic and red bell peppers about 4 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine crabmeat, sautéed mixture, egg and old bay seasoning; add salt and pepper, if desired. Mix until well combined.
- With a spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the filling, rounding off the top, and place them in a baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes, or until filling is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.