Stuffed Parmesan Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms are a classic appetizer. This version is full of flavor and color; it looks beautiful on an appetizer tray.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towels and remove stems. Mince stems and combine in small saucepan with olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add cracker crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, rounding the tops. Place in large baking dish and pour chicken broth around mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.