Save to My Recipes
This can be made with red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, and the filling can be made with other meats, such as lamb or turkey. Tofu can be substituted for a meatless version.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ lb. ground pork
- ½ cup cooked white long-grain rice
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and discard seeds and membrane. Reserve the tops with the stems. Lay pepper cups in an ungreased 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix together the ground beef, ground pork, rice, onion, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff each pepper half with a scoop of the mixture, mounding it on top. Top with reserved pepper tops.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.