Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey
Enjoy these stuffed peppers as a side dish or main dish.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-infused oil, divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground turkey until browned.
- Add 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic-infused oil to skillet along with tomatoes, and pine nuts; stir and heat through.
- Add brown rice and stir to combine. Stir in remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Stuff peppers with brown rice mixture and brush outside of peppers with coconut oil. Place peppers in an 8-by-8-inch shallow baking dish. Loosely cover dish with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes until peppers are tender. Top each pepper with Parmesan cheese.