Stuffed Peppers with Veggie-Burger Filling and Spices
Veggie burgers are typically well seasoned and quite delicious. They can be a great alternative to regular meats, although this recipe can also be prepared using ground beef, chicken, or turkey.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1 lb. wheat-free veggie burgers
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 large bell peppers
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive and sesame oils until soft, about 3–4 minutes. Add the veggie burgers, break them up into pieces with a wooden spoon and stir. Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and cores. Fill with the burger mixture. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.