Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
Piquillo peppers are grown only in Navarre in northern Spain, where the freshly picked peppers are grilled over beechwood fires and packed in oil. They have a wonderful spicy, sweet, and smoky flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 oz. goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 jars (12 oz.) Spanish piquillo peppers, drained
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine the goat cheese, chives, oregano, crushed red pepper, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Slice off the stem end of each pepper, and remove any seeds inside. Gently stuff each with about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese. Place peppers on a serving dish. Pour the olive oil over the peppers. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper and serve.