Stuffed Pork Roast
The fennel and apples impart a wonderful fresh flavor to this pork roast. This dish makes a great autumn meal.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 boneless shoulder pork roasts (4 lbs. each), butterflied
- 1 bulb fennel with tops, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Lay out the roasts and layer with the sausage mixture, fennel, onion, and apples. Roll and tie securely with butcher’s twine.
- Place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover, and roast for 2 hours, then uncover and roast for 1 hour longer until the pork is thoroughly cooked. Untie, slice, and serve.