For a little variety, feel free to add your own favorite ingredients to the potato stuffing.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large baking potatoes (8 oz. each)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Wash the potatoes, scrubbing off any dirt. Pierce the potatoes in several spots with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a paper plate or microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 3–7 minutes or until cooked through. Let the potatoes sit for about 1 minute before removing from the microwave.
- Slice the potatoes in half. Carefully scoop out most of the potato, leaving about ¼" pulp around the skin.
- Mash the potato pulp with the sour cream, butter, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato shell, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, and broil for 3–5 minutes or until the cheese melts and starts to brown.