Stuffed Potatoes with Spinach
These can be prepared a few hours in advance. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large baking potatoes (8 oz. each), peeled
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the potatoes in several spots with a fork. Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes or until done. To test for doneness, pierce the potatoes with a fork. It should go through easily. Remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan. Briefly sauté the spinach leaves until bright green.
- Slice a deep “V” out of the top of the potato to create a well. Place the potato pulp in a large bowl and mash. Mash in the spinach, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Spoon an even amount of the potato mixture into each well. Sprinkle each potato with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Place in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.