Stuffed Red Peppers
The Chinese version of miso, brown bean sauce, is made with soybeans and spicy seasonings such as chili and garlic.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. ground pork
- 2 Tbsp. brown bean sauce
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. Chinese rice wine
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded, tops removed and saved
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use your hands to mix ground pork with brown bean sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sugar, and rice wine. Add scallion and garlic.
- Stuff the peppers with ground pork mixture. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce on top of each and replace the pepper lids. Place in a small heatproof dish and bake until pork is cooked through, about 45 to 55 minutes.