Most people think of stuffing these pasta shells with ricotta and mozzarella cheese, but try this version with mascarpone and Gorgonzola.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1⁄2 cup Gorgonzola
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 box (12 oz.) jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together the mascarpone, Gorgonzola, eggs, crushed red pepper, and basil. Ladle the sauce into a large baking pan to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the cheese mixture in the center of each pasta shell. Place in the pan.
- Cover, and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake for 5 more minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling.