Stuffed Veal Chops
Save to My Recipes
This recipe calls for thick-cut chops. You can use double rib chops with a pocket for the aromatic herbs, vegetables, and cheese. These can be grilled or sautéed.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. dried basil or 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 4 veal rib chops, 1½–2" thick, a pocket cut from the outside edge toward the bone in each
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 thin tomato slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shallots, rosemary, basil, and coriander in butter for 3–5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stuff the chops with herb mixture. Insert one cheese slice and one tomato slice into the pocket. Rub chops with olive oil and remaining salt and pepper.
- Using an outdoor grill or broiler, sear the chops over high heat. Then, reduce heat to medium and cook for 4–5 minutes per side for medium chops or rare chops, depending on the thickness.