Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Zucchini acts as the perfect vessel for this tempting appetizer. A finger food topped with cheese is a sure crowd-pleaser.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. ground turkey
- 2 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Set oven rack at upper-middle position and turn broiler to high.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove seeds from zucchini halves, creating a hollow center.
- Rub zucchini with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet with open side facing up. Broil 8 minutes or until zucchini are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, brown ground turkey in a medium pan over medium heat. Remove from heat, add ricotta cheese, and stir to combine.
- Remove zucchini from oven and transfer to platter. Fill each half with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the broiler just until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Serve hot.