In this version of succotash, corn is cooked with Italian green beans, then tossed with a vinaigrette, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 quarts water
- 3½ tsp. salt
- 8 ears sweet corn, shucked (or 16 oz. frozen corn), kernels removed
- 1 lb. Italian flat green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. basil, divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large saucepan over high heat, add water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Add corn kernels and green beans. Cook for 1 minute. Drain through a colander.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon chopped basil, corn, green beans, and tomatoes. Toss well. Garnish with basil leaves.