Sugar-Free Apple Crisp
Save to My Recipes
This grain-free, fruit-sweetened crisp is just as delicious as any sugar-filled one. Natural juice, apples, and spices combine for a truly warm and satisfying treat.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 1 large sweet apple, diced
- 2 Tbsp. 100% natural grape juice
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 4 Medjool dates
- ½ Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. almond meal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the diced apple with grape and lemon juices and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Fill small ramekins with the apple mixture. Place ramekins on a baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the apples are softened but not totally tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine dates, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and almond butter. Process until combined. Add almond meal and process until just mixed.
- Remove the apples from the oven, sprinkle the crisp topping over the tops, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Alternatively, broil for 30 seconds to achieve an even crispier top. Cool slightly before serving.