Sugar-Free Coconut Shrimp
If you want to kick this Coconut Shrimp up a notch, add some cayenne pepper to the coconut mixture before coating the shrimp.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine coconut, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg.
- Dip each shrimp into egg and then coat with coconut mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Put prepared shrimp in the skillet in batches, cooking 2–3 minutes on each side or until coconut is slightly browned and shrimp turns pink.
- Serve immediately.