Sugar-Free Coffee Chip Ice Cream
This coffee ice cream is delicious on its own, but the added bite from the chocolate chips mixed in is a real delight. Feel free to omit the chips, if you wish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar-free vanilla-flavored creamer
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Combine heavy cream, Splenda, instant coffee, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks. While cream mixture is hot, temper the yolks by adding half of the mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly. Add egg mixture to the saucepan, and heat until thickened.
- Add sugar-free creamer and vanilla extract. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Before storing in freezer, fold in the chopped chocolate.