Sugar-Free Corn Bread
You’ll be amazed at how delicious this corn bread is without butter, white sugar, and salt.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 2 cups kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and coat a loaf pan with olive oil spray and whole wheat flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurts, eggs, applesauce, Sucanat, and corn, and mix well. Add the cornmeal gradually, and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.