Sugar-Free Key Lime Pie
This is a sweet lime treat with some serious substitutions to reduce the calorie intake of the usually high-calorie dessert.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. plus ½ cup Splenda Granulated, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Smart Balance Buttery Spread, melted
- ½ tsp. lime zest
- 6 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- 1 package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup key lime juice (5–6 limes), divided
- 1 Tbsp. Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare graham cracker crust: In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon Splenda. Add melted Smart Balance; mix well. Press crumbs into 9" pie plate with the help of a flat surface such as the bottom of a glass. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- In a food processor, combine lime zest and ½ cup Splenda. Add cream cheese; process for 30 seconds. Add pudding mix and coconut milk; blend well.
- Pour ¼ cup lime juice into a small measuring cup or bowl; heat in microwave for 1 minute. Add gelatine to heated juice; dissolve completely.
- Mix dissolved gelatine in remaining lime juice. Turn on food processor; pour lime juice into mixture slowly. Process until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour filling into pie shell; refrigerate 3–4 hours before serving. If desired, top with light whipped cream.