Sugar-Free Mint Chip Ice Cream
Mint offers enough bite to counteract the sugar-free flavor. You’ll find this dessert rich and satisfying, and incredibly delicious.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1¼ cup Splenda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. peppermint oil
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Combine heavy cream, Splenda, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks. While cream mixture is hot, temper the yolks by adding half of the mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly. Add egg mixture to saucepan, and heat until thickened.
- Add half and half, vanilla extract, and peppermint oil. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Before storing in freezer, fold in chocolate chips.