Sugar-Free Pumpkin Soufflé
This is a very good substitute for potatoes on a festive occasion. It goes well with poultry and game.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 can (13 oz.) puréed pumpkin, unsweetened
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup whipping cream or half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 5 egg whites, beaten stiff
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a soufflé dish with nonstick spray.
- Put all but the egg whites in your electric mixer and beat until smooth. Gently fold in the egg whites. Scrape into the soufflé mold. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a knife. If it comes out clean, the soufflé is done. Serve immediately.