Fresh salsa is easy to make and delicious with nachos and in dips, salad dressings, and soups. Using fresh ingredients and making your own gives you control over the sugar added to your salsas.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Poblano chilies, seeded and minced
- 8 oz. fresh plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and chilies. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for another 15 minutes. Serve chilled or at room temperature.