Sugar-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
Mmm, strawberries and cream. This is a sweet, cool treat that brings a taste of summer to any time of the year.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup strawberry purée
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly mashed fresh strawberries
- Combine heavy cream, Splenda, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks. While cream mixture is hot, temper the yolks by adding half of the mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly. Add egg mixture to the saucepan, and heat until thickened.
- Add strawberry purée and vanilla extract. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Before storing in freezer, fold in the mashed strawberries.