Sugar-Free Thai Iced Tea
This is a variation of Thai iced coffee. Itʼs great during the heat of summer, but should be enjoyed year-round.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Ceylon variety black tea leaves
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tsp. star anise seeds
- 2 tsp. erythritol or granular Swerve, or 2 drops stevia glycerite
- 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1⁄8 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil, then lower heat to low. Add tea leaves, cardamom, and anise seeds and simmer about 3 minutes. Strain.
- Let brewed tea cool, then pour over ice in 2 tall glasses. In a small bowl combine sweetener, cream, coconut milk, and vanilla and stir well until sweetener has dissolved.
- Pour cream mix on top of tea. Serve immediately.