Summer Berry Slump
A slump is a fruit dessert served with fresh, steamed dumplings.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. canola oil
- Toss the berries, sugar, and fresh ginger together. Set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat in the egg, evaporated milk, and canola oil until a thick dough forms. Shape into 2-inch dumplings.
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the berries in an even layer. Drop in the dumplings.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.