Summer Celebration Berry Cake
Nothing says summer like the taste of fresh berries. Bake some on the cake and serve some fresh as a garnish for a seasonal treat that’s sure to please.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a Bundt cake pan.
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar until light and frothy. Continue to beat and add oil, sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until very smooth.
- Fold in cake mix bit by bit. Mix until well blended. Add blueberries. Pour batter evenly into cake pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Top with confectioners’ sugar.