Summer Fruit Cobbler
Any combination of fresh fruit will work well with this recipe. You will need a total of 4 cups of fruit. Fruit suggestions include blueberries, blackberries, peaches, mangoes, or plums. Keep in mind that nutritional analysis will vary somewhat with different fruit combinations.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-by-9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put fruit in bottom of baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- In small bowl, sift together 3⁄4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add oil, milk, and egg whites; stir quickly until just mixed. Drop dough by spoonfuls over fruit. If desired, loosely spread dough over fruit.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until dough is golden brown.