Summer Refrigerator Slaw
Give your food a kick with this easy-to-make slaw. It complements almost any dish, so have fun creating new combos!
- 6 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 medium cucumbers, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Spoon into 1-quart jar and 1-pint jar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours but no longer than 2 weeks.
- Try topping the slaw with pickles for a little extra tang and crunch.