Summer Vegetable Ratatouille
There are no limits to the types of vegetables that can be added to ratatouille. Get creative and experiment!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, trimmed and chopped
- ½ medium leek, trimmed, cleaned, and chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium plum tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, leek, shallot, and garlic until slightly softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomato, thyme, and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add olives and pepper; cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.