The Spanish have known for centuries that this soup, served cold, is a delicious, healthful way to cool off during the summer.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 lb. sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. salt
- Purée all the ingredients in a food processor or blender in batches, leaving a little liquid in the container to start each batch. Remove to a large bowl or container.
- Serve the gazpacho cold.