Summertime Strawberry Soup
Serve as a dessert for a perfect summer meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 pint plain yogurt
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Clean the strawberries and remove the stems. Mix the strawberries, cinnamon, orange juice concentrate, water, and wine in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir 1⁄3 cup of the strawberry mixture into the cornstarch mixture until smooth and then add to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool for 1 hour or longer, and then add both yogurts. Stir until the frozen yogurt melts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.