Sun-Dried Tomato Linguine
Sun-dried tomatoes just might become a staple in your pantry! They deliver an intense tomato flavor, and they are conveniently available all year round.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 20 dry sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 12 oz. linguine
- Combine tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, cheese, parsley sprigs, olive oil, salt, and garlic; set aside.
- Prepare spinach by removing stems; wash leaves thoroughly and pat dry. Shred spinach and add basil.
- Coat a large, heavy saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot. Add spinach. Cover and cook until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Add tomato mixture and warm through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well. Combine pasta with spinach and tomato mixture, and toss until well combined.