Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Wheels
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1½ lbs. whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 oz. minced grated pecorino romano cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup scallions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. dried hot red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Fill a large baking dish with boiling water and soak lasagna noodles until pliable, about 5 minutes. Remove from water, gently shake, and place on a paper towel or cloth to blot. Keep moist under a lightly dampened towel until ready to fill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ricotta, garlic, pecorino romano, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, parsley, scallions, and red pepper flakes and mix very well, adjusting the salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1 lasagna noodle and spread with about ½ cup of the filling. Roll each noodle up lengthwise into a right roll. Cut each in half. Place, cut side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- When ready to serve, bake in a preheated 350°F oven until warm, about 10 minutes. Do not overbake.