Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Dried plum tomatoes give the sauce its rich, sweet flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes. Drain tomatoes and place them in the bowl of a food processor with the garlic. While the processor is running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the basil leaves, salt, pepper, and Parmesan and pulse briefly to mix.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve, or up to 4 days.