SunButter and Jelly Gluten-Free Crepes
Make your own crepes at home and spread on some SunButter or other low-FODMAP butter and jelly for breakfast or lunch with the kiddos.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups buckwheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. safflower oil
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup SunButter or other sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Add eggs, ¼ cup oil, milk, water, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Use remaining oil, a little bit at a time, to grease a 9" round nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Using a ladle or glass measuring cup, slowly pour ¼ cup batter into skillet; swirl around pan.
- Cook crepe until golden on bottom, 30–45 seconds. Using a wide spatula, turn crepe over; cook 30 more seconds. Keep in mind that crepes can be finicky, so it may take some practice! Transfer to plate. Make more with remaining batter.
- Spread equal amounts of sunflower seed butter on each crepe and top with jam. Roll up and place on plates. Lightly dust crepes with confectioners’ sugar and serve.