Sunday Morning French Toast
The fiber from the whole-grain bread and the protein from the eggs make for a complete and satisfying weekend brunch.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Heat a large griddle and brush with butter.
- Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and beat well with vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Cut bread in half diagonally. Dip triangles of bread in the egg mixture, turning once to coat well.
- Place the bread slices in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden brown.