Sunday Morning Waffles
Homemade waffles are such a simple, yet impressive breakfast. As a bonus, they freeze beautifully, so you can make them in bulk, store them in the freezer, then toast for quick weekday breakfasts.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 2⁄3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- Place flour, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Place egg whites into another mixing bowl and beat until they form stiff peaks. Add milk, vanilla, and canola oil to the dry ingredients and mix well. Let rest for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken, then gently fold whites into the batter.
- Heat waffle iron. Spray lightly with oil, then ladle batter onto the hot surface, being careful to avoid the edges (batter will spread once appliance is closed). Close waffle iron and bake until golden brown, roughly 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove baked waffles from iron and repeat process with remaining batter. Serve immediately.