Sunflower-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are a twist on the classic favorite. You can allow your children to indulge in some comfort food while also protecting their gut health.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⅓ cups almond meal
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a mixer, blend sunflower butter and honey until well mixed.
- Add egg and baking soda and mix for 2 minutes. Add almond meal and mix, then stir in cacao nibs and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10–15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.