Sunflower Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Sunflower butter shines in these soft, flourless cookies. Oats give them a nice shape and healthy flavor.
Makes: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 cup natural sunflower butter
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small dish, combine applesauce and ground flaxseed and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sunflower butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, and applesauce mixture. Mix in baking soda, salt and oats. Add chocolate chunks and mix until combined.
- For each cookie, scoop out about 1 tablespoon dough and shape into a ball on baking sheet about 2" apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Cookies will firm when cooled, so don’t overbake! Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.