Sunflower Seed and Dried Cherry Granola
Make a big batch of sweet and crunchy granola with rolled oats, dried cherries, coconut, sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds. Eat it with cold, fresh milk; layer it into parfaits with fruit and yogurt; or on its own for a quick snack.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup mild honey
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and coconut.
- In a small bowl, whisk together: honey, oil, and vanilla. Pour liquid mixture into oat mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Pour granola onto a baking sheet. Bake for 1 1⁄2 hours, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool fully before stirring in dried cherries. Store it in an airtight container for up to 1 month.