Sunny Side and Sausage Breakfast Pizza
Pizza for breakfast is always a good idea, especially when it is full of morning favorites like eggs, sausage and cheese.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- 1⁄2 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 package (9-10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let rest 1-2 hours.
- Place pizza stone or large heavy baking pan on lower rack in oven; heat oven to 475°F.
- In 10” skillet, cook and stir sausage 5 minutes or until brown; drain. Set aside.
- On floured work surface, shape pizza dough into 14” circle with rolling pin or floured fingers. Place on parchment paper; place parchment on pizza peel or flat baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Spread over pizza. Top with sausage and shredded cheese.
- Break eggs evenly over pizza; sprinkle with red pepper.
- Slide pizza and parchment carefully from pizza peel to pizza stone. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and eggs are cooked.
- Let stand 2 minutes; cut into 8 wedges.
- Refrigerate leftovers.