Rubbing toasted bread slices with peeled garlic gives this simple and colorful appetizer a more robust flavor.
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 4 minutesTotal: 14 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) Private Selection™ Petite Medley Snacking Tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 baguette, cut into ½”-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Olive Oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- Cut tomatoes into halves or quarters; sort by color into separate bowls. Divide basil among tomatoes. Season each mixture with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler, adjusting rack to upper third of oven. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; broil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with oil; rub with garlic. Spoon tomato mixtures over bread, keeping colors separated. Refrigerate any leftovers.