Sunshine Corn Muffins
The uniquely sweet bursts of crunchy corn kernels explode in every bite of these perfectly proportioned powerhouse muffins that provide your body with energy-fueling carbohydrates, protein, and fat to get you going and keep you moving!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup 100% whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix thoroughly. Add the eggs, egg whites, applesauce, agave nectar, almond milk, yogurt, and canola oil. Mix well. Fold in the corn kernels, and spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and inserted fork comes out clean.