Sunshine State Cake
If you’re lucky enough to have fresh organic oranges growing near you, pick them and get baking. Whether they’re straight from the yard or the market, citrus is a beautiful choice for dessert.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) instant yellow pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, cake mix, pudding mix, water, and oil with an electric mixer and turn into the pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely in pan.
- As cake cools, make a glaze by boiling orange juice and sugar in a small saucepan, stirring in fresh orange zest to taste.
- When cake is completely cool, remove it to a serving platter and drizzle with glaze.